Creamy Salmon and Zucchini Timbales Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
For a delicious variation, substitute broccoli or leeks for the zucchini.
If you’d like to serve the timbales unmolded, use silicone molds and wait until they are completely cold.
For 6 servings
- 400 ml (1 1/2 cups) milk
- 80 g (3 oz.) quick tapioca
- 3 eggs
- 100 g (6 tbsp.) crème fraîche
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 160 g (6 oz.) smoked salmon, in thin strips
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F). Butter 6 individual ramekins or timbale molds.
- Cook the quick tapioca in the hot milk as directed on the box, stirring constantly. Cool to lukewarm.
- Separate the yolks and whites of the eggs.
- Add the yolks and crème fraîche to the quick tapioca. Mix well.
- Add the zucchini and smoked salmon. Season and mix well.
- Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks and fold them gently into the batter. Pour into the ramekins.
- Bake in a water bath for 40 minutes.
- Serve the timbales warm in the ramekins.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips