Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes + 20 minutes for the sauce
This recipe can be made with whatever mushrooms are available, depending on the market and the season: chanterelle, blue foot, oyster mushrooms, etc.
The basic principle concerns the cooking: since each variety of mushroom requires a different cooking time, depending on whether it is firm or soft, they should each be sautéed separately.
Preparing the mushrooms
- Brush the mushrooms and slice them fairly thickly so they have a nice texture when eaten. Don't wash the mushrooms!
- Sauté each variety of mushroom separately in a little clarified butter with a pinch of minced shallot until nicely colored.
- Add a splash of sherry; keep warm on a paper towel.
Crispy potato cake
- Peel the potatoes. It's important not to wash them so that they retain all their starch; slice thinly on a mandolin.
- Place the potato slices on a non-stick baking sheet; season with salt and pepper; sprinkle with garlic flower and minced shallot.
- Cook in a 180°C. 350°F. oven until nicely browned. You could also combine the ingredients and cook them in a little oil in a skillet.
- Sauté the shallot in a little olive oil.
- Add the herbs and mustard; deglaze with Madeira, tossing well.
- Add the red wine and reduce by half.
- Add the veal stock and reduce by half.
- Mix in the cheese; remove the sauce from the heat once the cheese is melted.
- Strain the sauce and correct the seasoning.
- Place the sautéed mushrooms in the center of the plate.
- Pour around a ribbon of sauce.
- Garnish with the crispy potatoes.
Hints & Tips