Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Food styling: Winston Manor Hotel, Sussex, England
Tableware: Albalite Collection from Steelite international
We've decorated the plate with strips of leek cooked in chicken stock, little mushroom caps and julienned beet.
The puff pastry is baked between two sheet pans to make it crispy without letting it puff up too much.
Preparing the pastry
- roll out the puff pastry on a sheet of lightly floured parchment paper to form a large rectangle about 3 mm (1/8") thick;
- lifting the paper by the corners, transfer it to a lightly moistened baking sheet;
- place another sheet of the same size on top; place into a preheated 210º C. (425º F.) oven for 8-10 minutes;
- remove from the oven; remove the top pan; cut into 12 rectangles.
Preparing the eggs
- in a bowl, beat the eggs and cream; season with salt and pepper;
- melt 20 g (4 tsp.) butter in a skillet; add the eggs and stir gently until cooked;
- remove from the heat; blend in the remaining butter to make them soft; mix in the chives and smoked salmon.
- divide half the egg mixture among 4 puff pastry rectangles;
- cover the eggs with a second puff pastry rectangle;
- top with the remaining egg mixture and cover with a third puff pastry rectangle; serve immediately.
Hints & Tips