Butter-Roasted Loin of Line-Caught Sea Bass with Potato Gnocchi Recipe
for 4 servings
- 4 portions of sea bass loin
- half-salted butter
- 1 kg (2 1/4 lb.) flesh from baked potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 400 g (14 oz.) flour
- salt and pepper
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) cherries
- 3 g (1/2 tsp.) candied ginger
- fresh ginger
- juice of 1 lime
- sea bass bones
- white mushrooms
- Côte de Brouilly wine
- juice from the cherries
- Bake the potatoes in the oven; scoop out the flesh and press it through a sieve.
- Add the eggs, flour, salt, pepper and quatre-épices.
- Roll the dough out, cut into rectangles and cook in a steam oven for 5 minutes; finish cooking in a non-stick skillet.
- In a sauté pan, sauté the cherries in a little butter, then deglaze with Port.
- Add the candied and fresh ginger, reduce and add the lime juice. Keep hot.
- In a Dutch oven, sweat the fish bones, then add the shallots and white mushrooms.
- Add the wine, let reduce and add the cherry juice.
Finishing and presentation
- Cook the sea bass loin in the half-salted butter.
- Arrange on plates with the gnocchi, cherries and sauce.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips