Prep. time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: A few minutes
Maytag is a blue cheese produced on the Maytag Dairy Farms outside of Newton, Iowa (the home of the Maytag Corporation). In 1941, Iowa State University developed a new process for making blue cheese from pasteurized milk (instead of traditional sheep's milk). Production of the cheese was started by Frederick L. Maytag II and Robert Maytag, grandsons of the founder of the Maytag appliance company.
- Lightly toss the cut up romaine with the dressing (2 oz) and set in a large salad bowl.
- Set the chopped tomatoes, avocado, bacon and blue cheese in rows on top of the romaine salad.
- Garnish the salad with the shrimp and crab meat arranged over the salad.
- Sprinkle the salad with the chopped herbs.
- Serve any remaining dressing on the side along with the salad.
Hints & Tips