Prep. time: 20-25 minutes
Waiting time: 1 hour
Cooking time: A few minutes
Homemade buckwheat blini topped with mascarpone cream tinted pink with beet juice make a stunning base for sole delicately marinated in lemon and dill: an explosion of color and flavor.
This hors d'oeuvre is guaranteed to be a hit at your next party!
- In a bowl, beat together the Greek yogurt, egg and warm water.
- Add the flour and baking powder with a pinch of salt. Let rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Cut the sole into very thin slices and place in a small bowl. Add the lemon juice and dill. Season lightly with salt and pepper, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine the mascarpone in a blender with the diced beet, salt and pepper.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet and ladle out small circles of batter. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Place the beet cream into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and pipe a small amount onto each blini.
- Top with 2 slices of marinated sole; garnish with some roe and fresh dill.
With the kind assistance of Pavillon France
Hints & Tips