Asian Soup with Big Pearl Tapioca Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: a few minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Look at the instructions on the package of tapioca that you buy. Some tapioca requires overnight soaking in water.
For 4 servings
- 50 g (2 oz.) big pearl tapioca
- olive oil
- 1 /2 tsp. turmeric
- 1 liter (4 cups) vegetable broth
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 200 g (7 oz.) can of crab
- zest of 1 lime + 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. powdered sugar
- 1 small clove of garlic, crushed
- Color 50 g (2 oz.) big pearl tapioca in a little oil with 1/2 tsp. turmeric and a little water.
- Add 1 liter (4 cups) vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Cook, covered, for 30 minutes over low heat.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by combining all the ingredients.
- Once the tapioca is cooked, add the sauce, coconut milk and crab.
- Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
More recipe ideas
Photo and collaboration: Tipiak, tapioca importer since 1830
Hints & Tips