Spaghetti and Meatballs (sausage meat and parmesan) Recipe
Flavors of Italy
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
For 4 servings
- 350 g (12 oz.) spaghetti
- 150 g (5 oz.) grated Parmesan
- vegetable oil
- 250 g (8 oz.) sausage meat
- a slice of bread, soaked in milk and squeezed out
- 1 egg
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 2 Tbsp. rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. parsley
- salt and pepper
- 500 ml (2 cups) homemade or store-bought tomato sauce
- a few basil leaves
- Finely chop the garlic, parsley and rosemary.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the meatballs.
- Form into small balls.
- Sauté in a little oil in a skillet.
- Add the tomato sauce and basil leaves. Simmer.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water with a few drops of oil; drain and set aside.
- Serve the spaghetti with the meatballs and spoon some sauce over top. Garnish with shaved parmesan.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips