Spaghetti with Porcini Mushrooms and Foie Gras Recipe
Flavors of Italy
Total time: 15 to 30 minutesPreparation and cooking time: 20 minutes
This is a perfect dish to stimulate the appetite, featuring noble products such as porcini mushrooms and foie gras.
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 250 g (9 oz.) spaghetti (see Pasta)
- 150 g (5 oz.) porcini Mushrooms
- 150 g (10 tbsp.) extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) Foie gras or goose liver
- 80 g (5 tbsp.) vegetable broth
- 20 g (2 tbsp.) green onions
- 20 g (4 tsp.) butter
- 20 g (4 tsp.) celery
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Basil flowers and leaves
Pour some of the extra virgin olive oil into a saucepan; add the sliced green onions and chopped celery. Add the vegetable broth and cook gently for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a hot non-stick skillet, sauté the foie gras in pieces with the butter and rosemary. Cook the foie gras for two minutes so that a nice crust is formed on the outside, while the inside remains soft and creamy. Remove from the pan and keep warm on paper towels.
- Combine the spaghetti with the vegetable sauce, mix in the porcini and foie gras and serve very hot. Garnish with basil florets or small basil leaves.
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water for 5 minutes, until "al dente." Drain the spaghetti. (The spaghetti will finish cooking in the sauce.) While the pasta is cooking, heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet. When very hot, add the sliced porcini stems, and then the sliced porcini caps with a little rosemary, salt, pepper, and the whole garlic clove. Remove the garlic clove after a brief time.
A well-structured rich aromatic white
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips