Strawberry-Mint Muffins Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 20-25 minutes
Make a giant muffin by pouring the batter into a loaf pan (bake for 60-70 minutes).
For 12 muffins
- 250 g (9 oz.) flour + a little for the muffin tins
- 180 g (6 oz.) powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) milk
- 150 ml (1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp.) oil
- 125 g (4 oz.) wild strawberries
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- butter for the muffin tins
- Preheat the oven to 210° C (425° F).
- Butter and flour 12 muffins tins. Tap out the excess flour.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl and make a well in the center.
- In another bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, milk and oil. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix quickly without overworking.
- Wash, dry and hull the strawberries and cut them into small dice. Wash and dry the mint leaves and chop them. Mix into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared tins, filling only 2/3 full since they will rise when baked.
- Bake in the center of a preheat oven for 20-25 minutes, depending on the size of the tins.
- Remove the muffins from their tins as soon as they come out of the oven and cool completely on a rack before serving.
More recipe ideas
In collaboration with CEDUS
Hints & Tips