Swede soup with parmesan crisps Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Prep. time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Enjoy this soup hot or cold.
Have you tried the aged cheddar ACE’s Mini Baguette Crisps ? As good as homemade cheese crisp and always ready to use with a bowl of soup.
For 4 servings
- 2 turnips / swede
- 1 onion
- 500 ml / 2 cups milk
- 500 ml / 2 cups chicken broth
- 50 g butter
- salt and butter
Pamesan crisps and other garnish
- 60 g parmesan
- 10 ml / 2 Tsp. flour
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 20 ml / 4 Tsp. sour cream
- Peel the onion and the turnip; chop.
- Cook slowly in butter for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and cook another 15-20 minutes on medium until the turnip is tender.
- Purée in the blender.
- Stir in the milk. Adjust seasoning. Garnish with parmesan crisps, sour cream and chives.
- Grate the cheese coarsely. Mix well with the flour and pepper.
- On a non-stick baking sheet, place 8 rounded tablespoon mounds of the mixture 4 or 5" apart.
- Bake at 190°C / 375ºF about 8 - 10 minutes, until just starting to brown.
- Cool for a couple of minutes and then remove to a rack to cool completely. Can be made several hours ahead.
More recipe ideas
Photo and original recipe by ACE, the largest bakery in Canada
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2023. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips