Potato Pancake with Chanterelle, Leek and Vacherin Fribourgeois Cheese Recipe
Pierre-André Ayer, Le Pérolles, Fribourg, Suisse
Flavors of Fribourg
Total time: 1hr to 2hr
Cooking time: About 1 hour, including 40-45 min. in the oven
You can serve the potato pancakes hot or cold, accompanied by a cep (porcini) emulsion, an Italian lentil salad, or a truffle vinaigrette.
This dish will serve 8 as a main course, but you could also serve it to 16 people as a first course.
- 1.5 kg Charlotte potatoes
- 100 g melted butter
- 600 g leek
- 40 g butter
- 160 g chanterelle mushrooms
- 20 g butter
- 400 g Vacherin Fribourgeois cheese
- 80 g egg yolk
- 200 g 35 % cream
- Wash and peel the potatoes.
- Slice thinly with a slicer or mandolin.
- Combine with the 100 g melted butter.
- Season with salt before arranging in the pan.
- Wash and thinly slice the leek.
- Sauté the leek in butter, season with salt and pepper and let cool before using.
- Wash and trim the chanterelles.
- Preheat a skillet. Add a little oil and sauté the chanterelles. Add a knob of butter, season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
- Cut the rind off the Vacherin Fribourgeois and cut the cheese into small even pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the egg and cream. Season with salt, nutmeg and pepper and combine well.
- Butter eight 10 cm round non-stick pans with 2 cm high sides. Use a sheet of parchment paper.
- Line the bottom and sides with thin slices of potato.
- Combine the leek with the chanterelles and Vacherin Fribourgeois.
- Place the mixture into the pans.
- Cover with thin slices of potato.
- Let rest a few minutes.
- Preheat the convection oven to 165 °C / 325 °F.
- Place the pans in the oven.
- Bake about 25 minutes.
- Divide the cream and egg yolk mixture evenly among the pans and bake another 15-20 minutes at 145 °C / 300 °F.
- Remove from the oven.
More recipe ideas
Photo: With the collaboration of Vacherin Fribourgeois AOC
***** CODE PUB = PUB_F *****
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2023. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips