Cooking time: None
But why Tasmania, you may ask...
The environment is very important. Production is concentrated in a wild environment, a place sheltered by Port Macquarie on Tasmania's western coast, known for the purity of its water, brackish water that is half fresh, half salty. When the fish come to feed, the fresh water cleans their gills naturally. Furthermore, the current is very strong, so the fish get stronger with all the exercise! There's no overcrowding. All reasons why I am so fond of this sea trout.
You could replace the sea trout with salmon or tuna.
Try to find a goat cheese that is not too salty - otherwise reduce the amount of soy sauce to balance it.
- Season the diced trout flesh with white pepper and olive oil; add the beaten egg yolk; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- Mash the goat cheese with a fork and blend in all the ingredients of mixture 2.
- Coat the diced trout well with this mixture.
- Place an oiled ring mold in the center of the plate;
- add the trout mixture and press lightly to mold it into the shape of the ring;
- unmold; top with a little trout roe;
- garnish with cress leaves.
Hints & Tips