Thai Rice with Mache, Coconut Milk and Crunchy Vegetables Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutesPreparation: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
If you don't like raw vegetables, place the vegetable ribbons on top of the rice 5 minutes before the end of its cooking time for al dente, or 10 minutes for more thoroughly cooked vegetables.
Ingredients for 2 servings
- 1 basket of Mache (Lamb's Lettuce)
- 100 g (3.5 oz) Thai Rice
- 1 fennel bulb
- 4 young carrots
- 1 can green asparagus
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 can coconut milk
- Steam cook the rice. Wash the vegetables and cut them into thin strips with a paring knife.
- Place the cooked rice into a wide-mouthed salad bowl. Arrange rosettes of fresh Lamb's Lettuce around the rice and place the ribbons of crunchy vegetables in the centre.
- Spoon the warmed coconut milk over top.
- Sprinkle with grains of rice and sesame seeds.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips