Tourin blanchi (Garlic soup) Recipe
Flavors of Gers
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Recipe from Saint-Clar (Gers), capital of white Lomagne garlic
For 6 servings
- A large handful of garlic cloves
- 2 litres / 8 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of goose fat
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- Stale bread
- Salt and pepper
- Bring the water to the boil.
- Melt the goose fat in a pan. Add the garlic and cook until golden, but not browned. Add the contents of the frying pan to the water. Season with salt and pepper, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Break the eggs and let the whites fall into the pan.
- Away from the heat beat the egg yolks with the vinegar.
- Mix everything together. Place the slices of stale bread or croutons into a soup tureen and pour in the mixture. Leave, preferably uncovered, for the bread to soften. Serve warm.
More recipe ideas
With the assistance of the Midi-Pyrénées TO
Hints & Tips