Truffade - Potatoes with Bacon and Tomme Cheese Recipe
Flavors of the Auvergne
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Cooking time: About 30 minutes
This specialty of France's Auvergne is simple and easy to make.
In the Dauphiné region, 150 g (5 oz.) sliced fresh tomatoes are added 5 minutes before serving, instead of the cheese.
For 4 servings
- 500 g (18 oz.) firm potatoes
- 150 g (5 oz.) Tomme de Savoie
- 200 g (7 oz.) bacon
- 1 tbsp. oil
- Peel and slice the potatoes, not too thickly.
- Cook the bacon bits with the oil in a skillet.
- Add the potatoes, cover and cook gently.
- Check and press down from time to time.
- Add the diced Tomme; stir until the cheese is melted and stringy.
- Press down again with a fork; cover and let the bottom brown.
- Turn out onto a plate like a potato pancake.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips