Truffles with Espelette Chili pepper Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Prep. time: 30 minutes
Cooling time: 2 hours
For 1 kilo / 2 pounds
- 400 g chocolate 70%
- 200 g butter
- 200 g icing sugar
- 200 ml cream 35% or whipping cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 ml Espelette chili pepper
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- Melt the chocolate and butter, chopped into pieces, in a bain-marie or in the microwave.
- Whisk by hand until smooth.
- Add the sifted icing sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Combine the Espelette chili, egg yolks and crème fraîche and incorporate into the chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 2 hours to firm up.
- Take spoonfuls of the chilled mixture, form into truffles and roll in the cocoa which has been spread on a plate.
- Place the truffles on a dish or in paper cups.
Store in a cool place until serving time.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2020. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips