Preparation time: 20 minutes
Freezing time: 1 hour
Cooking time: None
Calories per serving: 256.8 / 290.5
In my original recipe, I use 5 tablespoons olive oil, which is excessive, given the high calorie content of the tuna. So to balance things, I suggest replacing 1 or 2 spoonfuls of oil with an equal quantity of water or court-bouillon (don’t use fish stock, which would be too strong for this recipe).
*I use lemon olive oil, i.e., olive oil in which I’ve macerated some lemon peel. You can buy it prepared but you can easily flavor some good extra-virgin olive oil yourself.
- Place the tuna fillet into the freezer for about an hour so that it can be sliced thinly.
- Remove the rind from the watermelon. Cut the melon into slices 8 cm (3”) thick. Remove the seeds.
- Wash the cucumber, cut lengthwise into quarters and remove the seeds.
- Cut the melon and cucumber slices into 8 cm (3”)-long sticks.
- Remove the tuna from the freezer and, using a sharp knife or meat slicer, cut into thin slices.
Finishing and presentation
- Place 2-3 melon and cucumber sticks on each slice of tuna; roll up and place on a plate.
- Finely chop the chili. Combine with the ingredients for the vinaigrette. Serve with the rolls.
Hints & Tips