Olive-Crusted Turbot Recipe
Flavors of Portugal
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
PREGADO com crosta de migas de azeitona preta
For 4 servings
- 4 turbot fillets, cleaned and skinned (150 g/5 oz. each)
- 400 g (14 oz.) fresh spinach
- 1 slice of artisanal bread
- finely chopped fresh herbs (dill, chervil, chives, parsley)
- 50 g (3 Tbsp.) clarified butter
- 50 g (2 oz.) thinly sliced black olives
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) fish stock
- 100 ml (6 Tbsp.) cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 shallot, minced
- 100 ml (6 Tbsp.) white wine
- 25 g (5 tsp.) butter
- olive oil
- green olive crust with 5 g (1 tsp.) green olive paste
- olive oil
- fleur de sel
- Butter the bread with clarified butter and cut into 5 mm(1/4") cubes.
- Cook the fish in a little olive oil
- Brush the fillets with egg yolk. Place the browned bread cubes on the top side only, spacing them out.
- Add the sliced olives. Grill under the broiler.
- Sauté the spinach with the remaining clarified butter and 1/2 shallot. Drain, season with salt and set aside.
- Sauté the remaining half shallot, add the wine and reduce until almost dry. Add the fish stock and cream; reduce by half.
- Strain; add the fresh herbs and butter. Correct the seasoning with salt.
- Place the spinach in the center of the plate.
- Place the fish on top, with the bread side up.
- Pour the sauce around the fish and end with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of fleur de sel.
- Decorate with the green olive crust.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2022. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips