Roast Turkey with Cranberry Orange Glaze Recipe
Flavors of the USA
Total time: more than 2 hours
Maple syrup, cranberry juice and orange marmalade combine for a glaze with traditional New England ingredients
For 12 servings
- 200 ml / 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 200 ml / 3/4 cup frozen cranberry juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons maple or maple-flavored syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 turkey, 7-8 kilos / 14 to 16 pounds, thawed if frozen
- cooking spray or vegetable oil, to brush turkey
- Preheat oven to 180 °C / 325 °F.
- Combine marmalade, cranberry juice, maple syrup, vinegar and salt in small heavy saucepan. Bring to boil on medium heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low. Cook uncovered, stirring frequently for 12-15 minutes, or until glaze is reduced to about one cup.
- Remove neck and giblets from body and neck cavities of turkey; discard or refrigerate for another use. Drain juices from turkey and dry turkey with paper towels. Turn wings back to hold neck skin against back of turkey.
- Place turkey, breast side up, on a flat roasting rack in a shallow pan. Brush turkey lightly with vegetable oil or cooking spray. Roast turkey for 2 hours and then cover breast and top of drumsticks loosely with foil to prevent overcooking of breast.
- Continue roasting turkey for another 45 minutes, remove foil and brush generously with glaze (2). Return foil loosely to top of turkey and cook for another 45 minutes, or until meat thermometer reaches 180° F when inserted into the deepest part of the thigh.
- Brush with remaining glaze. Let turkey stand 15 minutes before carving.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2021. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips