Vanilla Ti-Vieux, Vanilla Rum Recipe
Flavors of Martinique
Maceration time: 1 month
Serve over ice for an apéritif or plain as a digestif.
This is a very flavorful, refreshing and enjoyable drink.
- 1 liter white rum
- 5 vanilla beans
- a pinch of ground cinnamon
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 banana, split into quarters
- 15 cubes of cane or demerara sugar for the syrup
- Macerate 4 split vanilla beans in the rum with the banana, cinnamon and lime zest.
- Sweeten with the sugar dissolved in a little warm water. Leave to macerate for 25-30 days.
- Strain and bottle. Decorate the interior of the bottle with the final vanilla bean.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips