Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 7 hours
The veal stock has to simmer for a long time, but you can take advantage of a day at home to do other things. Make a large batch and then freeze it in a number of small containers so you'll always have some on hand.
- in a large stock pot, brown the veal bones in 50 g (3 tbsp.) butter;
- add the tomato paste and sauté for a few minutes until the bones are well coated;
- add the water; bring to a boil;
- in another pot, sweat the coarsely chopped celery, carrot and onion with the remaining butter over low temperature without browning;
- skim the surface of the stock pot; add the vegetables, garlic and bouquet garni;
- simmer over medium heat for 6 hours;
- skim occasionally; strain at the end of the cooking time.
Hints & Tips