Total time: more than 2 hours
Prep. time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Chilling time: At least 2 hours
This cold potato and leek soup is a classic. It's best to make it a day ahead to bring out all its flavors.
- 2-3 peeled potatoes
- 5 leeks, white parts only, washed well
- 1 liter (4 cups) water or light chicken stock
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk
- Salt, white pepper, chives
- 1.5 liters (6 cups) water / broth
- 4 spoonfuls of cream
- Peel the potatoes; cut into pieces and place in cold water.
- Thinly slice the leeks and sweat in butter in a large pot for about 30 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and a pinch of salt.
- Add the cold water or stock. Cover and cook until the vegetables are cooked - about 15-20 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes.
- Purée the soup in a blender with the cream or milk on the "liquefy" setting; strain through a sieve if you want a finer texture.
- Correct the seasoning. Add the chives, cut with scissors. Chill in the refrigerator.
Serve cold with a sprinkling of chopped chives.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2022. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips