Potato Waffle, Beef Marrow, Chervil Bulb and Fresh Truffle Recipe
Flavors of the Loire Valley
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
- 150 ml (10 tbsp.) water
- 70 g (5 tbsp.) butter
- 90 g (3 oz.) potato starch
- 2 eggs
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) mashed potato
- 4 nice chervil bulbs
- 2 pieces of beef marrow
- 60 g (2 oz.) truffle
- 50 g (3 tbsp.) butter
- 1 small jar of truffle juice
- Bring the water and butter to a boil. Add the starch off the heat.
- Mix in the eggs, then the mashed potato. Season lightly with salt.
- Cook the waffles in a waffle iron in the usual way.
- Peel and gently cook the quartered chervil bulbs in butter.
- Slice the marrow into rounds; poach in warm water.
- Slice the truffle. Emulsify the truffle juice with the butter.
- Pour the truffle sauce into wide-rimmed bowls.
- Place the cooked chervil and marrow on top and garnish with the truffle slices.
- Sprinkle with fleur de sel; place the warm waffles on the edge of the plate.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2022. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips