West Indian Fish Court Bouillon Recipe
Total time: 1hr to 2hrPreparation time: 10 minutes
Marinating time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 30 minutes
A recipe from Francis Delage, chef and expert on Creole cooking. Discover its flavors on La Route des Boucaniers in St. Barths
- 1 Red Snapper
- 1 bouquet garni
- 1 lime
- 4 scallions
- 1/2 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) oil
- 1 chili pepper
- 1 tsp. tomato paste
- Clean the fish and cut into steak size portions. Marinate in a mixture of lime, allspice, 2 garlic cloves, 1 chive, salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly and let sit, covered, for 1 hour.
- In a Dutch oven or 4-quart casserole, sauté the other herbs in oil, then add the fresh crushed tomatoes, the tomato paste and the bouquet garni.
- Remove the fish steaks from marinade, drain and add to mixture. Season with salt and pepper, add one large glass of water, cover and cook over low heat for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- At the end of the cooking time, add the lime juice and 2 tsp. of oil and stir gently. Cook until the mixture comes to a boil and serve immediately.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips