Winter Soup Recipe
Total time: more than 2 hoursPreparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: Under 2 hours
This recipe can be adapted to any winter vegetables. Add whatever you have on hand.
Ingredients for 6 servings
- 1.5 liters (6 cups) chicken stock
- 3 leeks
- 2 large carrots
- 2 turnips
- 2 potatoes
- 1 wedge of pumpkin
- 1/4 white cabbage
- 2 celery stalks
- 50 g (3 tbsp.) butter
- Salt and pepper
- Clean all the vegetables; peel the carrots, turnips, potatoes and pumpkin.
- Wash the leek well to remove any soil; keep the green part.
- Cut the cabbage into strips and dice the other vegetables.
- In a large pot, cook the leeks, celery, carrot and turnip in a little butter until softened but not browned.
- Add 2 liters (8 cups) boiling water, salt and pepper and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the cabbage, potatoes and pumpkin; cook 30 minutes longer.
- Correct the seasoning; pour into a tureen and add a knob of butter.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips