Zucchini Velouté with Goat Cheese Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: a few minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
For 4 servings
- 2 medium onions
- 2 small cloves of garlic
- Olive oil
- 750 g (1 lb. 10 oz.) unpeeled zucchini, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1.5 liters (6 cups) stock
- 1 bouquet garni (thyme and bay leaf)
- 6 tbsp. (2 oz.) tapioca
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) fresh goat cheese (chevre)
- Peel and finely chop the onions and garlic; sauté in a little olive oil in a pot over low heat.
- Add the zucchini. Season and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the broth and bouquet garni.
- Bring to a boil; cook for 15-20 minutes or until the zucchini is very soft.
- Remove the bouquet garni and purée the soup in a blender.
- Return to the boil, then sprinkle in the tapioca while stirring. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Off the heat, sprinkle with crumbled fresh goat cheese and serve immediately.
More recipe ideas
Photo and collaboration: Tipiak, tapioca importer since 1830
Hints & Tips