Almond tuiles Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
The cookies are best eaten the day they are baked, but can be kept in an airtight container for a day or two.
For 24 tuiles
- 2 eggs
- 30 g / 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 150 g / 5,3 oz / 3/4 cup sugar
- 80 g / 2,8 oz white flour
- 80 g / 2,8 oz sliced almonds
- 1 small pinch of salt
- Beat the eggs and sugar together in a bowl.
- Add flour.
- Stir in almonds and vanilla.
- Stir in warm butter.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place batter by teaspoonfuls on baking sheet. Keep a space between them.
- Spread the batter with a fork or the back of a teaspoon (dipped in water) to make thin circles.
- Bake at 180°C / 350°F until the rim is slightly gold, about 8 minutes.
- Remove tuiles with a spatula and drape on a rolling pin for about a minute, or until cooled. If cookies harden before shaping, return to oven to soften for about 1 minute.
Tuiles can also be cooled on a rack and left flat.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips