Preheat oven to 180°C. (350° F.)
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: A few minutes
Drying time: 2 hours
Vincent Maillard recipe at Hostellerie le Levernois
- Combine the pectin and sugar; in a saucepan, melt the butter and glucose.
- Combine the two mixtures, add the water and bring to a boil.
- On a non-stick baking sheet, spread into four discs about 15 cm (6") in diameter.
- Bake in a 180° C (350° F) oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the baking sheet and place each disc on the back of a bowl.
Light apple caramel cream
- Melt 40 g (3 tbsp.) sugar and cook until it caramelizes.
- Add the apple juice, bring to a boil and pour over the mixture of egg yolks, sugar and cornstarch; mix well, return to the heat and cook over low heat until it comes to a boil.
- Cool and fold gently into the whipped cream.
- Peel and quarter the apples; roast with the sugar and butter until nicely colored.
Granny Smith sorbet
- Bring the water and sugar to a boil; pour this syrup over the blended apple pulp. Place in an ice-cream or sorbet maker to freeze.
- Cut some very thin (1 mm) slices of apple.
- Place on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Dry in a 90° C (180° F) oven for 2 hours.
Light "Fine de Bourgogne" Cream
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Cook the sugar to a caramel.
- Add the crème fraîche and let cool.
- Place the "craquant" on a plate; add the light apple caramel cream and roasted apples.
- Add a scoop of sorbet, stick an apple chip in the center and pour ribbons of caramel sauce and "fine de Bourgogne" cream around the plate.
Hints & Tips