Apple Spice Muffins Recipe
Cuisine of the Montérégie region
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
For 16 muffins
- 500 ml / 2 cups all purpose flour
- 250 ml / 1 cup bran flakes
- 2/3 cup compacted brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup apples, peeled and grated
- Add flour, bran flakes, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and spices in bowl.
- Stir with fork to fluff and to spread baking powder evenly. Make a hole in middle of mixture.
- Lightly whisk in an average size bowl.
- Incorporate milk, oil and apple. Stir thoroughly.
- Pour in hole. Stir quickly to moisten. Mixture will be lumpy.
- Spoon into greased muffin pan.
- Oven bake at 400F, 15 to 20 minutes.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips