Infusing time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 + 20 minutes
In keeping with the season, this recipe showcases two local products from France's Touraine region:
- Richelais asparagus
And to make it even more local, it includes cream from Verneuil, a cooperative founded in 1909 that carries on traditional production processes.
- Peel the asparagus and cut into rounds.
- Cook the asparagus in boiling water for 10 minutes; drain.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, egg yolk, milk, cream, salt, pepper and saffron threads. Let infuse for 10 minutes.
- Place the pie shell into a tart pan and spread the asparagus over it.
- Pour the egg mixture on top.
- Bake in a 180° C / 350° F oven for 15-20 minutes.
Serve hot or cold.
Hints & Tips