Burger with Bacon Bits, Provolone and Sun-dried Tomatoes Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 - 14 minutes
Designer burgers are the latest trend! Try this kicked-up version with provolone or asiago and sun-dried tomatoes. All it takes is a little imagination!
For 4 servings
- 450 g (1 lb.) ground beef
- 125 g (4 oz.) grated provolone, asiago or mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp. finely chopped basil
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp. bacon bits
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 thin slices of red onion
- 4 slices of tomato
- spring mix
- 4 burger buns, focaccia or ciabatta
- olive oil
- Preheat the barbecue to medium.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the burgers. Divide into 4 equal portions and form into patties.
- Grill on the barbecue for 5-7 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature is 170° C (77° C).
- Meanwhile, oil the burger buns (or focaccia or ciabatta). Grill for 1 minute just before the burgers are cooked.
- Assemble each burger as follows: burger, 1 tomato slice, 1 red onion slice, spring mix, mayonnaise. Serve immediately.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips