Prep. time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: Under 15 minutes
Barramundi is a member of the perch family, so you can substitute perch or any other white fish, such as turbot.
Serve with grilled vegetables.
It's better to use a whole fish rather than fillets; the skin protects the fish from drying out.
An original idea from the Sydney Fish Market culinary school.
- Scale, gut and clean the fish; remove the bones which are large and easy to take out;
- in a bowl, combine the bread, lime juice, macadamia nuts, nutmeg, salt and pepper into a firm paste;
- stuff the fish and close it up with toothpicks;
- fry the fish in a skillet for 3 minutes on each side in a knob of butter, until the flesh flakes easily;
- drizzle with melted butter combined with the grated lime zest.
Hints & Tips