Barbecue Beef Skewers (Sach ko tro gnouit) Recipe
Flavors of Cambodia
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Marinating time: 1 hour
Cooking time: A few minutes
For 4 servings
- 400 g (14 oz.) beef flank steak
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 stalk of lemongrass
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 shallots
- 2 tbsp. soy suace
- 2 tbsp. palm sugar or honey
- Cut the beef into small cubes. Peel and chop the lemongrass, garlic and shallots.
- Marinade - Mash the pepper with the lemongrass, garlic and shallots until a smooth paste is formed. Add in the soy sauce and palm sugar.
- Skewer the beef pieces onto bamboo skewers and marinate for 1 hour in the marinade (step 2).
- Cook the meat on the barbecue or under the broiler, basting regularly with the marinade, and turning half-way through the cooking time.
More recipe ideas
Photo and collaboration: Agir pour le Cambodge
Hints & Tips