Prep. time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: Less than 30 minutes
Guy Martin developed this recipe to showcase Tipiak's Sauce Veneur, or Huntsman Sauce, a quick way to add a festive note to a simple pan-grilled steak.To make your own huntsman sauce, click here for the recipe.
- Peel the mini carrots, leaving the green part on.
- In a skillet, heat the honey and add the carrots. Sauté for 1 minute. Add the water and reduce. At the end of the cooking, add the butter, salt and pepper. Keep hot.
- Peel the sweet potato and celeriac and cut into even pieces.
- Place the milk in a saucepan with the spices, sweet potato and celeriac. Cook together gently for 15 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Drain the vegetables and purée in a blender. Add the butter and correct the seasoning.
Sauce and finishing
- Heat the huntsman sauce and add the reduced balsamic vinegar.
- Whisk in the softened butter.
- Heat a little olive oil in a skillet.
- Salt the beef and place it immediately into the hot skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side for medium-rare (depending on the thickness).
- Place a line of sauce on the plate and place the beef on top.
- On the side, place a few spoonfuls of sweet potato-celeriac puree and garnish with 4 mini carrots.
Hints & Tips