Cooking time: 8 to 14 minutes depending how you like it cooked
If you like cheese, you can add 150 g / 1/3 pound smoked Gouda cheese, diced into 1/4 to 1/2-inch cubes in your patties.
For another tasty experience try caramelized onions for topping (photo) - slowly cook 4 sliced onions in butter until golden. Add a pinch of brown sugar and continue to cook until caramelization.
If you like your pattie medium or well done, we suggest to buy a medium lean ground meat for a more juicy texture.
- Preheat grill over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, place the meat in a bowl.
- Peel and finely chopped the onion. Add 3 Tbsp. chopped onion to the meat. Reserve the remaining onion for topping.
- Add spices to meat: paprika, cumin, grill seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add garlic, parsley, Worcestershire and beer. Mix well.
- Then form 4 large patties making them a little thinner at the center than at edges. Burgers plump when you cook them so this will prevent burger bulge.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the burgers then grill about 4 minutes on each side for medium rare, 5 minutes on each side for medium and 6 to 7 minutes on each side for well done.
- Mix mustard and sour cream with dill.
- Serve patties on bun bottoms and top with lettuce, pickles, chopped onion. Slather bun tops with sauce and serve.
A glass of beer
Hints & Tips