Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
This is the version that gives the maximum truffle flavor. But to reduce the cost, or depending on what's available, you could make this salad with truffle shavings. If you don't have black truffle-flavored oil, macerate the truffle shavings in a good-quality neutral-flavored oil.
For outstanding flavor, place your fresh eggs and pieces of truffle in an airtight container in the refrigerator and leave overnight so that the eggs abosrb the truffle aroma.
- Hardboil the eggs; cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °C).
- Slice the hardboiled eggs and cut up the truffles.
- Place a slice of Caprice des Dieux cheese on each slice of bread; brown in the oven.
- Prepare the vinaigrette in a bowl with the two oils and the vinegar; add the truffle shavings and chopped shallot. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Just before serving, toss the dressing with the salad.
- On each plate, place a bouquet of salad and two slices of toasted bread with cheese;
- alternate egg slices and pieces of truffle.
- Serve immediately so that the cheese is still hot.
Hints & Tips