Prep. time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Freezing time: 3 to 4 hours
(1) August is prime wild blueberry season, but did you know that 95% of the Quebec wild blueberry crop is frozen? This preservation process allows all the berries' freshness and nutrients to be captured within 24 hours of picking. That way, you can enjoy them all year round!
- Place the milk in a saucepan. Split the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Add them to the milk and heat.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar. Gradually add the hot milk to the egg mixture, stirring constantly to prevent cooking the yolks, until the mixture thickens. Let cool.
- Shave the chocolate.
- Purée 250 g of wild blueberries.
- Whisk the mascarpone until creamy.
- Gradually and gently fold the mascarpone into the egg mixture. Add the wild blueberry purée and the chocolate, setting aside a few chocolate shavings for garnish.
- With a knife, unmold the parfait.
- Cut into portions and garnish with the remaining blueberries, pistachios and mint leaves.
With the kind assistance of the Quebec Blueberry Producers Association (SPBQ)
Hints & Tips