Cooking time : 30-35 minutes
A breakfast on the go? A brunch buffet? This fantastic recipe brings together all the breakfast essentials: crisp, delicious hash browns, fluffy eggs and perfectly grilled breakfast sausages. Add some cheese, peppers and onions, and you’ve got yourself an excellent way to start the day!
(1) We choose Johnsonville breakfast sausages certified trans fat free and gluten free. Originating from old family traditions handed down from generation to generation from nineteenth-century Austria, Johnsonville products are made in Wisconsin from a list of easy-to-pronounce ingredients and premium cuts of meat.
(2) If you have opted for frozen brown potatoes, don't forget to add the defrosting time to the realization of this recipe.
- Grill sausages over medium heat; cool slightly and cut into 1.25 cm / ½-inch pieces; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine hash browns, butter, salt and pepper; divide evenly into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Press mixture onto sides and bottom of muffin cups.
- Bake at 200°C / 400°F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, divide sausage pieces into muffin cups.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, cheese and bell pepper.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with chives or green onion.
- Return to oven, bake 13-15 minutes or until set. Serve.
Hints & Tips