Cooking time: 15 minutes
Mashed potatoes or slowly-cooked cabbage
- In a skillet, fry the carp fillets in oil and butter on both sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the fish to paper towels. Degrease the skillet and add a knob of butter.
- Sweat the shallots. Deglaze with the white wine and fish stock. Reduce to two-thirds.
- Add the cream and the cheese (rind removed and mashed with a fork. )
- Thicken the sauce and season. Return the carp to the sauce just long enough to heat it through.
Création Hôtel de l’Image, Place des Halles à Preuilly-sur-Claise. Photo : Philippe Body.
From Les Secrets Gourmands de Touraine with the support of Jean-Jack Martin, the Institut de Dégustation de Tours , and the Chambre de Métiers et de l’Artisanat
Hints & Tips