Prep. time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
This recipe is made with the newest member of the Bresse Bleu family. Under its bloomy rind lies a finely veined and deliciously creamy interior with fruity flavors. It is aged for twice as long as traditional Bresse Bleu.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C / 350° F.
- Pour the milk and water into a saucepan. Add the sugar, salt and butter, cut into pieces, and bring to a boil.
- Add the flour all at once and mix with a wooden spoon to form a ball.
- Dry the mixture over medium heat for 3 minutes, beating constantly.
- Transfer the batter to a bowl and let cool to lukewarm; beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Pipe the batter onto a parchment-lined baking sheet using a piping bag fitted with a small plain tip to form 12 small, equally-sized eclairs.
- Bake the eclairs for 15-20 minutes in the oven. At the end of the baking time, place a small piece of Bresse Bleu Suprême on each eclair and bake 3 minutes longer.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Heat 50 ml of cream in a saucepan with the Bresse Bleu, cut into small pieces. Mix for 3 minutes over low heat to slightly melt the cheese. Let cool.
- Whip the rest of the cream until stiff with salt and pepper.
- Fold the slightly warm cheese mixture gently into the whipped cream.
- Refrigerate the cream. Just before serving, split the eclairs and pipe in the cream filling using a piping bag with a star tip, and serve.
Hints & Tips