Breton-Style Shortcake Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 10 minutes
This is a basic recipe for many desserts. The shortcakes can be filled with whipped cream, caramelized apples, berries, etc.
For 8 servings
- 125 g (4 oz.) butter
- 250 g (9 oz.) flour
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) granulated sugar
- 50 g (2 oz.) egg yolks
- 2.5 g (1/2 tsp.) salt
- 10 g (1 Tbsp.) baking powder
- Sift the flour and baking powder. With your fingertips, rub in the butter and salt.
- Add the sugar, then the egg yolks. Mix until smooth without overmixing.
- Roll out to a 4 mm thickness (3/8") and cut into disks.
- Bake in a 180° C (350° F) oven until lightly browned.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips