Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: A few seconds
The success of these dish depends on the quality of the meat and the sauces.
Place a slice of bread on a small side plate. When you take the meat out of the hot oil, place it onto the bread so that it absorbs the excess cooking oil.
- Trim any excess fat from the meat and cut into 2 cm (3/4") cubes; set aside on a plate in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Place the oil in the fondue pot with the flavorings (optional).
- Heat the oil on the stove then carefully transfer it to the warmer; the oil must be very hot but not smoking. Keep the temperature at 190° C (375° F) by adjusting the flame or electric control.
- Using a long two-pronged fork, plunge a cube of beef into the oil - each bite should be golden and crispy on the outside, tender and juicy inside. The cooking time depends on whether you prefer the beef blue, medium-rare or well-done.
- Always season with salt and pepper after cooking.
Hints & Tips