Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
You can substitute liquor for the maple syrup or honey (e.g., Calvados, Normandy Pommeau, etc.)
In the winter, you can use your oven instead of the barbecue and serve the camembert as a main course with a side of steamed potatoes.
If you like the combination of sweet and savory, serve the cheese with some thin apple slices.
- Remove the camembert from its paper wrapper. Moisten the box then put the cheese back inside.
- Using the tip of a knife, make thin criss-cross cuts on the surface of the cheese.
- Pour on the maple syrup or honey.
- Remove the stems from the thyme and rosemary and crush the leaves. Sprinkle over the cheese along with some freshly ground pepper. Put the lid back on the box.
- Place the camembert on the barbecue grill and cook for 10 minutes.
Normandy cider, Morgon, Pomerol, aged Port, Normandy
Photo: Fromages de Normandie with thanks to Fromagerie Graindorge.
Hints & Tips