Caribbean Shrimp Gratin Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
For an even more delicious result, flambé the shrimp and pineapple with 2 tbsp. rum.
For 4 servings
- 600 g (1 lb. 5 oz.) carrots
- 400 g (14 oz.) peeled shrimp
- 1 - 335 g can of pineapple chunks
- 250 g (9 oz.) rice
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) coconut milk
- 1 clove of garlic
- 40 g (1 1/2 oz.) fine bread crumbs
- 1 onion
- 30 g (1 oz.) grated coconut
- 15 g (1 tbsp.) softened butter
- olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- salt and pepper
- Sauté the minced onion and garlic in 2 tbsp. olive oil for 2-3 minutes over high heat.
- Add the rice. When it turns translucent, add 600 ml (2 1/3 cups) cold water and a pinch of salt; cover and cook for 11 minutes. Transfer the rice to a gratin dish.
- Sauté the peeled shrimp in 2 tbsp. hot olive oil for 2-3 minutes over high heat; remove once they change color.
- Drain the pineapple and sauté in the pan you used to cook the shrimp. When the pineapple begins to brown, add the coconut milk and curry powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the coconut milk comes to the boil, pour the mixture into the gratin dish and combine with the rice. Mix in the shrimp.
- In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, coconut and softened butter.
- Sprinkle this crumble over the gratin and place under the broiler for a few moments to brown.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2022. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips