Texas-Style Grilled Shrimp Kebabs Recipe
Total time: less than 15 minutes
Prep. time: 10 minutes
Marinade: 1 hour
Cooking time: 4 to 6 minutes
For 6 servings
- 1 mild red pepper, cut into pieces
- 24 large Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) oil
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Tequila or lime juice
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. hot red chili powder (optional), or paprika for a milder version
- A pinch of salt
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients of the marinade.
- Marinate the shrimp for about an hour; drain, reserving the marinade.
- Cut the zucchini lenthwise with a mandolin to obtain nice ribbons.
- Place 4 shrimps on each skewer, with zucchini roll-ups.
- Grill over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, brushing the shrimp occasionally with the marinade; turn and remove once the shrimp turn pink.
- Reheat the marinade, cooking the pieces of chili pepper for 5 minutes; serve with the shrimps.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips