Prep. time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: Quick
This is a traditional Australian recipe that is dying out in the cities, but remains a classic in other parts of the country. When you're near the coast, all you need is a good steak, some fresh oysters and a barbecue... and dinner is ready in minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the steak three-quarters of the way through to form a pocket, leaving three sides intact;;
- season the oysters and stuff the steak;
- brush both sides of the steak with butter;
- grill in a hot skillet or under the broiler;
- deglaze the skillet with lemon juice and a small glass of sherry; add the parsley and pour the sauce over the steak.
Hints & Tips