Carrot Soup with Orange, Ginger, Cumin and Tapioca Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
For 4 servings
- 4 Tbsp. large minute tapioca
- Green and red food coloring
- 1 kg (2.2 lb.) carrots
- 1 liter (4 cups) chicken stock
- 1 orange
- 150 ml (5 oz.) liquid cream
- 100 ml (3 1/2 oz.) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 sprig of cilantro
- salt and pepper
- oven-toasted baguette slices
- cheese with cumin
- Bring 750 ml (3 cups) water to a boil with a few drops of food coloring. Sprinkle in the tapioca, stirring regularly, until the tapioca is completely colored.
- Drain the tapioca and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Peel and coarsely chop the carrots into rounds.
- Squeeze the juice from the orange.
- Remove the leaves from the rosemary and chop them finely.
- Heat the chicken stock in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the carrots and rosemary; cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the orange juice, ginger, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Cook another 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Blend the soup until very smooth with an immersion blender, adding the olive oil and cream.
- Place the tapioca in the bottom of glass bowls, add the soup and mix well.
- Place the diced cumin cheese and croutons on top of the soup.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips