Cauliflower Soup with Smoked Salmon and Tapioca Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: 20 min.
Cooking time: 30 min.
For 4 servings
- 4 Tbsp. large instant tapioca
- red food coloring
- 1 cauliflower, not too large
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- Garlic & herb Boursin cheese
- 200 g (7 oz.) diced smoked salmon
- 200 ml (7 oz.) liquid cream
- salt and pepper
- garlic-rubbed toasted baguette rounds
- Bring 750 ml (3 cups) water to a boil with a few drops of food coloring. Sprinkle in the tapioca and cook until it is totally colored, stirring often.
- Drain the tapioca and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Separate the cauliflower into florets and rinse them.
- Bring 500 ml (2 cups) water to a boil in a large pot with the chicken bouillon cubes.
- Add the cauliflower and simmer for 20 minutes. Check for doneness with the tip of a knife.
- Off the heat, add the cream, 1 tbsp. Boursin, salt and pepper and blend until very smooth.
- Spread the toasted baguettes rounds with the garlic & herb Boursin.
- Place some tapioca in the bottom of glass bowls and add the soup.
- Place the smoked salmon slices and Boursin croutons on top.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips