Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: approx. 1 hour
A recipe from Globe Restaurant
To reduce the preparation time, you could use a Graham crust mixture, combining it with some shredded coconut, or use a commercial pie shell.
- Beat the (non melted) butter with the sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs, sifted flour and dried shredded coconut.
- Bake at 180°C / 350°F until golden. Cool and grind in a food processor.
- Place in a bowl and mix in the melted butter.
- Place the crust mixture in a springform pan, distribute evenly and press firmly to the bottom of the mold.
- With an electric mixer on low speed, beat the cream cheese until the consistency is silky smooth.
- Add the maple syrup.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the vanilla extract and sifted flour, beat until smooth.
- Pour the cream cheese filling into the mold.
- Bake at 110°C / 225°F for 45 minutes.
Serve with fruit coulis or ground cherries (physalis) in syrup.
Hints & Tips